About Richardson Sports
Richardson Sports is a wholesale distributor founded in Eugene, Oregon, in the late 1960s. The Richardson family acquired the company in 1970, and it is now known for high-quality sports gear, including custom trucker hats, baseball hats, slouch hats, and other hat types. They improved their eCommerce platform for business customers with Magento experts, simplifying access to their popular Richardson hats and caps.
Industry: Sporting Goods
Platform: Magento Open Source
Website: B2B – richardsonsports.com
Leveraging the Magento Platform Challenges
Richardson Sports, a company that relied on paper-based B2B operations, decided to transition to an online platform, specifically a Magento platform. The project required several complex implementation pieces, including integrating a secure and reliable payment gateway, configuration of the Magento platform to manage inventory effectively, and integration with SAP. Additionally, custom pricing structures were developed to support the B2B sales model, and a product configurator was created to meet the unique needs of Richardson Sports’ customers and enable the customization of products in real time.
B2B Ecommerce Solutions
- Bi-directional synchronization of orders, customers, and product data with SAP B1 integration.
- Customizable product configurator for dealers to create personalized caps.
- Magento-based B2B Web Development Services with the ability to create dealers and sub-accounts for purchase.
- B2B functionality for accepting purchase orders.
- Custom report generation based on the account for data-driven decision-making.
- Quick order functionality for bulk ordering.
- Credit card saving for future use.
- Sharing, saving, and reusing of custom-designed caps.